Interest rates are historically at near their all time lowest rates.
- Rental prices are going up in SF as more businesses are locating themselves in the area and as there is continuing job growth
- Market prices in San Francisco are going up and there is an opportunity to capture property appreciation as the housing market continues to improve
- Inflation, if you believe it is going to increase in the future and have a fixed rate mortgage, you will have an opportunity to use increasing rents to pay down your fixed mortgage payments
- Reduced taxable income by depreciation of your investment property structure over 27.5 years, but be sure to check with your tax or accounting professional
- Diversification, real estate investing serves as a means of diversifying ones portfolio from more than just stocks